26.3.09

Like Most Songs, Song Sounds Like Other Songs

In much the same way that Pwolf sees ghosts in trees, I'm afflicted with this thing where I hear other shitty pop-rock songs inside of newer shitty pop-rock songs. This one's pretty tenuous I suppose, but it does give weight to my theory that all songs are shit.




First listen to this shitty offspring song that I heard on the radio yesterday. Note it's suckiness. Now compare... say... 0:27 of it to... say.... 3:06 of this Muse track:



That's pretty fucking similar. Let the Muse thing run a bit. If you can't see what I mean then you are stupid. Now this next one is a bit more tenuous. But still, it is a thing that reminds me a lot of another thing. Take 1:06 of the Fall Out Boy song and compare the the drop in the Offspring track (0:41). I'm 90% sure that, while not exactly the same, it is copied in spirit.



Who cares? No one. But come on... the Offspring used to be kind of good. Now they're cribbing changes from emo kids and British overachievers who know secrets about Jewz.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn it your fishing for the easiest comment on the net, that of the 13 year old boy. well played sir, well played.

Anonymous said...

does anyone have a decent Watchmen torrent?

Anonymous said...

PUBES!!!!

Anonymous said...

WATCHMEN RULES GO WATCH IT AT THE MOOOVIES YOU JERK