10.2.09

Map Pretty Good, I Guess

My plan was to rip on this hand-drawn map, pointing out its many cartographic failings and generally wailing on who ever authored it. But after some careful reflection, and a good squint at a professional offering, I've decided that in a world gone mad it takes a really vague map covered in arrows to save your soul.

CCF09022009_00000.jpg

Note the unwieldy inelegance of google's offering. It's uninvitingly off-yellow highway. It's offensively wiggly sub rivers, which no one has ever cared about. Looking at this I'd have to assume that the whole of Taupo is a post-apocalyptic concrete-flat punctuated with occasional green polygons of fail. And labelling the cemetery just makes me certain that I should have died there.

Picture 5.png

With this map, a part of me would have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

click the sattelite button top right corner. no need to thank me.

Anonymous said...

maps. who needs em. gimme some lighter fluid, bag of socks, and a bushel of wheat, and I'll find your boy. call me 0800 LOSTANDLONELY